Monday, June 29, 2009

Human and dogs

I just came back from FFF and I can't wait to write about this.

Do you know Grace? One of the Pulau Ketam dogs that swam over from hell island and rescued by the rescue team? She's back in the farm now. Indeed she's more happy than she was. I cleaned up Pulau Ketam dogs area today and squeezed/water shoot/wood-sticked/swept a lot of dog poos.Somehow after we'd done everything and went to help up feeding the dogs, Grace got out from the cage. She didn't ran far from her cage. Instead, she was running and rolling on the glass happily while other Pulau Ketam dogs barked at her jealously. She was enjoying herself and asking me to play with her. How cute was that? Another volunteer told me that she wasn't dare to come out from cage and they have to carry her when she first came. Her soul has healed, but I wonder do she remember the trauma event that she went through before she's safely with us in FFF? If she has memory capacity like a human, will she be as forgiving as she is now? Unless he or she had amnesia disorder, a human would never forgive such traumatic event that other human being put him or her through.

Just now before I came back came, I went to a pet shop to buy some stuff for Milky. When I passed by some human on my way to cashier, I overhead a girl saying something like she's going to sell her golden retriever. I got a bit mad and uttered 'you bought it and you want to sell it?' before I walked away. Maybe I heard her wrongly or I misunderstood what she meant, but yeah, YOU THOUGHT DOGS ARE TOY OR PROPERTY AH? BUY AND SELL? HE/SHE IS A LIVING CREATURE! HE/SHE MAY BE JUST A DOG FOR YOU, BUT YOU ARE EVERYTHING FOR HIM/HER!

And I just got Milky spayed yesterday for the sake to avoid pregnancy. She's still moody moody and no appetite. She's so quiet and stable now that I'm worrying her personality will change after this. I do not really plan to spay her before this. Blame that blardy useless male dog that my housemate called him 'little tiger'.

1 comment:

Wendy Kee said...

Its okay, after they are spayed, they will be moody moody for the first few days or even a week or two. After that they will be back to their ownself and running around happily again!