Friday, February 29, 2008

Soulmate

We struggled together,knowing. We prattled, pretended, fought bitterly, laughed, wept over sad books or old movies, nagged, supported, gave, took, demanded, forgave, resented---hating the ugliness in each other,yet cherishing that which we were....Will I ever find someone to battle with as we battled,love as we loved,share with as we shared,challenge as we challenged,forgive as we forgave? You used to say that i saved up all of my feelings so that i could spew forth when I got home. The anger I experienced in school I could not vent there. How many times have I heard you chuckle as you remembered the day I would come home from school and share with you all of the feelings I kept in. "If anyone had been listening they would have thought you were punishing me,striking out at me. I always survived and you always knew that i would still be with you when you were through." There was an honesty about our relationship that may never exist again.

--Vian Catrell

:-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello.

I found the text titled "Soulmate" very interesting and refreshing.
Can you tell me where it comes from? Is it a song, or a poem, or something else? Who wrote it?

Christiane

kaven said...

Christiane,

It was from my Human Communication textbook.I'd made a mistake by not doing reference on it.