Tuesday, December 8, 2009

dead kitten

My heart ached whenever I saw dead animals on road. Today, I saw a kitten. At middle of the road of entering ss2. I'm at guilt. I saw blood and I think I saw its tail moved when I passed by for the first time. I was too shock that I refuse to look at it in detail. I felt unsettled. So I went back for second time. It was too late. Too horrible to describe. Maybe it wasn't dead yet when I passed by the first time. My hesitation made me at guilt of it's death. If human are ignorant pigs, I'm one of them. Many ran-over animals died on road. Often in horrible stage that I would not want to describe. It is plain heartache. Today I'm at guilt. I hesitated. I'm at guilt.

Sometimes I wonder what if that was my dog who got run-over by traffic on road? What if it was Milky? or Xiao Wei the new kitten in house? They were strays before we adopted them. Every stray animals have high chance of being run-over by traffic in this modern age. That's why I wouldn't let Milky go wonder even after she's spayed. Last year I didnt' adopt a limped kitten and she died by ran-over. I couldn't help myself but wonder what will happen to her if I adopt her and keep her in house. She would probably still very much alive.

When human get into accident on road, at least someone will stop and help. But when an animal get into accident on road, hit and run happens and nobody will even notice the suffering animal on road. They will just die in suffering and without dignity.

2 comments:

wonderkitten said...

Yes very true.
My Gerrie died ran over by a car in front of our gate. My partner and i cried for so many days.

Since then i decided to keep all 6 of my cats indoor.

kaven said...

Stupid drivers,don't they notice there are living creature on the road? They never bother to slow down.
I understand your pain.

and wah you got so many catssssss